When everything matters...

This page is all about everything that matter and everything that doesn’t at the same time. It is all about what happens around us and to us, it is what we hear, say, see and do. This page is not designed to judge or cause emotional harm to others, but it is to question why!

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Ugly Duckling Trauma!

I read and article that if you read to your child while in the womb it will help it to recognise your voice and promote it’s development. So I went out and bought some children’s story book to read to my unborn son. So I thought I’d give it a go and read one of my favourite stories the Ugly Duckling. So I’m there just reading the story quietly to myself sitting in a Burger King fighting back the tears as I am reading that the other duck are plucking the Ugly Ducking alive and then he runs away and say’s to himself that he is so ugly he wishes himself dead. If that is not enough towards the end of the story he see other swans and he thinks they are so beautiful he approaches them. At this point he says he does not care if they kill him because he is so ugly! Well there is me sobbing like a ninny into my chips………….

So I am reading Buzzy Bear and the Three Little Pigs out loud in the evening before I go to bed, so hopefully the little one will not grow up to disturbed. Well the baby still has to endure Green Day, Black Lab, Scissor Sisters and D12. I refused to be subjected to classical music especially there is very few pieces that I like.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Spider said…

    Oh no, don't believe all you read in books you just stress yourself out with how crap a you a parent you are. When basicly I'm not ashamed to admit wonderfull as my 2 children are there are a few occasions I've phoned Neath in tears. The best advice I can give you is don't read 2 many books. You are going to be a great mum. So the best advice I can give you is just chill out sit back and enjoy everyone waiting on you hand and foot. If you want confirmation of this check out this site www.alphamummy.co.uk

     

Post a Comment

<< Home