When everything matters...

This page is all about everything that matter and everything that doesn’t at the same time. It is all about what happens around us and to us, it is what we hear, say, see and do. This page is not designed to judge or cause emotional harm to others, but it is to question why!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Job Interview

I had a two day job interview, which left me exhausted and adequately full of abundance of respect , gratitude from the wisdom which the youngling of which I will tell you about, have passed on to me.
Well as I stated I went for a job interview, a short while a go for a job at a special school, these younglings have a wide and varied needs from dyslexia to autism. Some of these younglings have difficulties in being able to connect with their own peer group partly due to there emotional intelligence being lower than average. Anyway part of the two day gruelling interview we had to deliver a lesson on being safe, so my lesson was about being safe with other younglings. The lesson was going well had the younglings shouting out their ideas and happily taking part in the lesson. They felt safe and confident, so much so they started to correct my spelling. I myself have dyslexia so spelling can be a problem sometimes, but even so I was surprised that they were saying you spelt such and such wrong! It goes to show that it does not matter how far you come or what you learnt, do not underestimate those who you think need your help as it is more likely you yourself that needs help. It was a good day even though I did not get the job, sometimes you need moments like these to put things into perspective.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Mike Short said…

    What a lovely story.

    What was the reason you didn't make the cut?

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Minerva said…

    Because, I had an attack of verbal diarrhea. ps liked your blog about your bike.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home